[Koha] Patron Card Creator and Card Printers

Myka Kennedy Stephens mkstephens at lancasterseminary.edu
Wed Nov 14 04:22:51 NZDT 2018

Hi folks,

We're evaluating whether the new Patron Card Creator in 18.05 will suit our
needs for updating our library cards. Our school also has a need for a new
way of printing student IDs, so it might be possible to design the cards in
Koha to serve both purposes.

Up to this point, our IT director has used an old Datacard SP35 printer and
its proprietary software to create student IDs. This printer stopped
working recently and it looks like the company no longer supports it.

How are libraries printing cards generated by Koha's Patron Card Creator?
Do you use a card printer? If so, which one works best with Koha?

Any other advice or suggestions from libraries using the Patron Card
Creator is greatly appreciated!

Many thanks,
Myka
--
Deaconess Myka Kennedy Stephens, MDiv, MSLIS
Seminary Librarian and Assistant Professor of Theological Bibliography
mkstephens at lancasterseminary.edu
https://library.lancasterseminary.edu