[Koha] Multiple languages searching

Chris Cormack chrisc at catalyst.net.nz
Thu Mar 17 08:27:31 NZDT 2016

* angelo.pugliese at yahoo.com (angelo.pugliese at yahoo.com) wrote:
> Re: Multiple Choice in Language Selection
> First time I am replying to a post
> in this Koha list and
> I don't know exactly if this is the right way,
> by just replying to the list email message...
> If ok, kindly let me know...
> if not, kindly instruct accordingly.
> Thank you.
>
> Replying to Chris:
> Thank you dear Chris,
> for the time you took to analyze the issue.The next question arises, then:
> is ElasticSearch probably going to be adopted by Koha?
> If yes, which is its probable timeframe?
> If not... bad luck for my original question,
> I guess... :)
>
> Angelo Pugliese
> Headlibrarian
> BRC Library - Kolkata
> http://library.brcindia.com

Hi Angelo

ElasticSearch should be in the next major release, but only in experimental form.
However Zebra search is not going away anytime soon, and you can do this multiple
language searching in Zebra too. It just might be a little easier in ElasticSearch
But both methods would need development, not just front end changes

Chris

--
Chris Cormack
Catalyst IT Ltd.