[Koha] Configuring smtp mail server to work with Koha

Galen Charlton gmc at esilibrary.com
Sat Oct 31 03:57:25 NZDT 2015

Hi,

On Fri, Oct 30, 2015 at 10:40 AM, Pedro Amorim <pjamorim91 at gmail.com> wrote:
> connect to localhost failed (Connection refused)
> connect to localhost failed
> connect to localhost failed (Connection refused) no (more) retries!

Koha expects there to be an MTA listening on port 25 on localhost.
Since you've got postfix already running, I suggest checking its
configuration for that -- specifically, inet_interfaces (to ensure
that it's listening on that interface) and mynetworks (to verify that
it will accept connects from with your Koha server).

Alternatively, if the only thing you need is for email to get
forwarded to your mail smarthost, you could try nullmailer instead of
postfix.

Regards,

Galen
--
Galen Charlton
Infrastructure and Added Services Manager
email:  gmc at esilibrary.com
direct: +1 770-709-5581
cell:   +1 404-984-4366
skype:  gmcharlt