[Koha] Configuring smtp mail server to work with Koha

Pedro Amorim pjamorim91 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 31 03:40:22 NZDT 2015

Hello Michael and Mark,

Thank you for your replies.
Silly me, I forgot to mention I had already run the command
koha-email-enable so that is not the reason.

UPDATE:
I had the following entry on the logs:

Use of uninitialized value $OPACBaseURL in substitution

$OPACBaseURL is a variable being used in the mail template so I'm guessing
this was part of the reason. But I configured the OPACBaseURL parameter in
the administration panel and still no e-mail is being sent. Although it
doesn't log the message anymore. Instead of waiting for the cronjob to
trigger, I ran:

/usr/share/koha/bin/cronjobs/process_message_queue.pl

Because I knew there was a record in message_queue with the status =
"pending", but after running the above command I got the following
message(s):

connect to localhost failed (Connection refused)
connect to localhost failed
connect to localhost failed (Connection refused) no (more) retries!

Cheers,

Pedro Amorim