[Koha] Configuring smtp mail server to work with Koha

Pedro Amorim pjamorim91 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 31 04:23:46 NZDT 2015

Hello Galen,

Thank you for your reply.
I have changed the Sendmail.pm file to point to smtp.gmail.com instead of
localhost and am now receiving these errors:

# koha-foreach --enabled --email /usr/share/koha/bin/cronjobs/
process_message_queue.pl -v
koha: sending email message to patron: Admin at
/usr/share/koha/lib/C4/Letters.pm line 937.
koha: MAIL FROM: error (530 5.7.0 Must issue a STARTTLS command first.
uj4sm7521289wjc.34 - gsmtp
koha: )
koha: Server said: 530 5.7.0 Must issue a STARTTLS command first.
uj4sm7521289wjc.34 - gsmtp
koha:  at /usr/share/koha/bin/cronjobs/process_message_queue.pl line 66

I do not know much about configuring mail servers, should I keep the
Sendmail.pm file pointing to localhost and postfix takes care of the
redirecting?

Thanks again,

Pedro Amorim