[Koha] "In-house use" vs "on-site" vs "reading room"

Mark Tompsett mtompset at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 12 05:34:46 NZST 2014

Greetings,

Jonathan wrote:
> I am looking for the best term to use on the interface (and in the code
> itself).
> If you are an English speaker, could you share with me how you call that?

"In house use": sounds like anywhere in the library only. Might even have
connotations that only librarians can touch it.
"on-site": sounds technical compared to "In house use", without the
librarian use only connotation.
"reading room": sounds like it is only in a specific room, not anywhere in
the library.

Perhaps a mix? "on-site use"? "reading use only" as compared to the typical
understanding of can take home and read? Though, it is too subtle in the
"you can't take it home" department. I'm merely a programmer, not a library
geek, so weigh my feedback accordingly.

GPML,
Mark Tompsett