[Koha] wrong sorting order of results beginning with accented letters (č, š, ř, ž,...)

Bohdan Šmilauer b.smilauer at post.cz
Mon Jan 20 23:24:26 NZDT 2014

Hi Fabio,

many thanks for your advice. It helped me. I have investigated  /etc/koha/
zebradb/zebra-authorities.cfg file,the  specific  entry

# Where are the config files located?

profilePath:/etc/koha/zebradb/authorities/etc:/etc/koha/zebradb/etc:/etc/
koha/zebradb/marc_defs/marc21/authorities:/etc/koha/zebradb/lang_defs/en

It points to /etc/koha/zebradb/lang_defs/en , where is the file sort-string-
utf.chr, which I updated, as you wrote:

"map ěêèéëÊÈÉË e", etc. I have found that other syntax can be used "map
eěêèéëÊÈÉË", or "map ěêèéëÊÈÉË(e)", what is correct? Then I ran koha-rebuild
-zebra -a -v -f.

It caused the accented letters are assumed to be all the same "e" and the
accent is ignored in collation. But grammatically correct is, that the "e"
precedes "é", "ě",.....   How can I control this succession?  You can see
the result on http://koha.doxos.eu:8080, Authority search, "Submit" (leave
the other fields empty) .

I want to replace in the Koha missing "Browse authors" by the Authority
search. The number of authors is typically more then one thousand. I noticed
the authors with No. more then 1000, are not sorted, despite I added
"sortmax 11000" at the end of etc/koha/zebradb/zebra-authorities.cfg file.
Selecting authors starting with e.g. letter "H" is not simple task, you have
to skip many screens, there is no direct jump to the letter "H" or to page
e.g. 345.  Have you some experience with this problem?

Many thanks
Bohdan Smilauer
Librarian of Economic Library
Letenska 15