[Koha] Circulation anomalies

Sudhir Gandotra sudhir at openlx.com
Thu Aug 21 17:44:49 NZST 2014

The access.log is the only possible way to find the problems, unless
soneone has compromised that file also.

best wishes,

Sudhir Gandotra
koha.openlx.com

On Wed, Aug 20, 2014 at 11:47 PM, Mesfin Teshome <mesfinatyh at yahoo.com>
wrote:

> Dear all,
> I am facing a strange problem. I am a system/network admin and our
> librarians at the University are saying Koha is reporting no checked out
> items for people who have checked out books, or displays 1 or 2 checked out
> items while there are many books checked out. The librarians claim they
> have not done anything with the circulation.
> When I check the circulation history and modification logs at the Patrons
> profile, the logs show that the books have either been returned or issued
> but the librarians swore they have not done that and that the system is
> doing that by itself. I have tried to look at the Koha-error_log, I see
> this error message
> returns.pl: Use of uninitialized value in hash element at
> /usr/share/koha/intranet/cgi-bin/circ/returns.pl line 413, <DATA> line
> 522., referer: http://$libraryurl$/cgi-bin/koha/circ/returns.pl
> Is this related to the problem? Where can I start troubleshooting the
> problem? The librarians are very worried because bad record with
> circulation could mean loss of books and they are convinced it is a system
> problem.
>
> We are running Koha version: 3.12.00.000
> I will really appreciate your response.
> Kind regards,
> Mesfin

*Wishing you the Freedom to be Human*
*Sudhir Gandotra*

*OpenLX Technologies P. Ltd.*

*(Formerly OpenLX Inc.)*

*(ISO 9001:2008 Certified, OpenLX Alliance Enterprise for Linux &
Open-Source Technology)*

Our Profile <http://openlx.com/downloads/openlx_technologies_profile.pdf>
      List of Clients <http://koha.openlx.com>            Online Demo
<http://koha.openlx.com>

*Regd. Office : R-10, 3rd floor, Khirki Extn., **New Delhi - 110017, INDIA*

*Phones: * +91-98101-20918,   +91-93124-65666

*Email:* <http://goog_872675095>info at openlx.com       *InterNet:* www.
openlx.com <http://www.%20openlx.com>

*OpenLX Linux - Humanizing Technology, Transforming Lives !**You don't need
violence to shake the world** - Use Linux !*

*Pl like our pages :  Peace Desktop
<http://www.facebook.com/pages/Openlx/469031589849524>  &  Business Desktop
<http://www.facebook.com/pages/Kalculate/140778612789838>*

Connect to us on LinkedIN <http://www.linkedin.com/company/2938809>

*Linux Jobs :  http://openlx.com/careers.html
<http://openlx.com/careers.html>*
*Why Koha ? <http://openlx.com/index.php/koha/why-koha.html>**    Biz
Desktop <http://www.kalculate.com/kalculate/features.html>**     OpenLX
Linux <http://openlx.com/openlx-linux.html>**      Why Dspace ?
<http://openlx.com/index.php/dspace/why-dspace.html>*

*Send your KOHA Enquiry Now !* <http://openlx.com/enq/>

*Download & Share a Wonderful Linux Desktop (OS, Office, Internet,
Multimedia & a lot more) Freely*
<http://openlx.com/openlx-linux/download-linux.html>