[Koha] Circulation anomalies

Liz Rea liz at catalyst.net.nz
Fri Aug 22 15:11:18 NZST 2014

On 21/08/14 17:44, Sudhir Gandotra wrote:
> The access.log is the only possible way to find the problems, unless
> soneone has compromised that file also.
>
> best wishes,
>
> Sudhir Gandotra
> koha.openlx.com
>

> On Wed, Aug 20, 2014 at 11:47 PM, Mesfin Teshome <mesfinatyh at yahoo.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Dear all,
>> I am facing a strange problem. I am a system/network admin and our
>> librarians at the University are saying Koha is reporting no checked out
>> items for people who have checked out books, or displays 1 or 2 checked out
>> items while there are many books checked out. The librarians claim they
>> have not done anything with the circulation.
>> When I check the circulation history and modification logs at the Patrons
>> profile, the logs show that the books have either been returned or issued
>> but the librarians swore they have not done that and that the system is
>> doing that by itself. I have tried to look at the Koha-error_log, I see
>> this error message
>> returns.pl: Use of uninitialized value in hash element at
>> /usr/share/koha/intranet/cgi-bin/circ/returns.pl line 413, <DATA> line
>> 522., referer: http://$libraryurl$/cgi-bin/koha/circ/returns.pl
>> Is this related to the problem? Where can I start troubleshooting the
>> problem? The librarians are very worried because bad record with
>> circulation could mean loss of books and they are convinced it is a system
>> problem.
>>
>> We are running Koha version: 3.12.00.000
>> I will really appreciate your response.
>> Kind regards,
>> Mesfin

The one time I have heard of a complaint like this, the browser was set
to autocomplete certain fields, such as the barcode fields on issue and
return. Mind, that was ages ago (version 3.6 days) and most of the
relevant fields that could cause this problem have been set to disallow
browser autocomplete. However, that doesn't necessarily mean anything -
you might try turning off autocomplete in your browsers, and see if this
behaviour stops - especially if you are using an older browser version.

Cheers,
Liz

Liz Rea
Catalyst.Net Limited
Level 6, Catalyst House,
150 Willis Street, Wellington.
P.O Box 11053, Manners Street,
Wellington 6142

GPG: B149 A443 6B01 7386 C2C7 F481 B6c2 A49D 3726 38B7