[Koha] [Koha-devel] Question of sax parser

Colin Campbell colin.campbell at ptfs-europe.com
Thu Sep 5 23:44:19 NZST 2013

On Thu, Sep 05, 2013 at 11:00:06AM +0200, Samuel Desseaux wrote:
> running xml2-config...didn't manage to get libxml2 config, guessing
>   LIBS='-L/usr/local/lib -L/usr/lib -lxml2 -lm'
>   INC='-I/usr/local/include -I/usr/include'
> If this is wrong, Re-run as:
>   $ /usr/bin/perl Makefile.PL LIBS='-L/path/to/lib'
> INC='-I/path/to/include'
>
> Checking for ability to link against xml2...no
> Checking for ability to link against libxml2...libxml2, zlib, and/or
> the Math library (-lm) have not been found.
> Try setting LIBS and INC values on the command line
> Or get libxml2 from
>   http://xmlsoft.org/
> If you install via RPMs, make sure you also install the -devel
> RPMs, as this is where the headers (.h files) are.

You appear not to have libxml2 installed, or (more likely) the library
is installed but not the include files to enable compiling against it.
Distributions often package these separately from the runtime library as
a dev package e.g. libxml2-dev in debian. The perl package you are
trying to install needs this installed to compile against

Colin

--
Colin Campbell
Chief Software Engineer,