[Koha] Vendor records (supplier's contact info) import

Robin Sheat robin at catalyst.net.nz
Tue Dec 17 11:37:36 NZDT 2013

Elaine Bradtke schreef op ma 16-12-2013 om 18:44 [+0000]:
> All the relevant information is present in our old database system .
> would dearly love to be able to bring it into Koha without having to
> retype
> everything.
>

> koha/acqui/supplier.pl  seems to be what governs this chunk of
> information.
>  Is there a list somewhere of the relevant tags/fields that we need to
> map
> our data to Koha?

You certainly can, though you'll have to insert it directly into the
database. The table you want to put the data into is aqbooksellers, and
the schema is here:

http://schema.koha-community.org/tables/aqbooksellers.html

you could probably do something like convert your existing data to a
spreadsheet and import that directly into mysql, or write a script
that'll convert the data and put it straight in for you (which is how I
usually do this.)

--
Robin Sheat
Catalyst IT Ltd.