[Koha] need help in zebra indexing for Arabic words

Karam Qubsi karamqubsi at gmail.com
Thu Oct 25 23:17:52 NZDT 2012

Thanks Mohamed for give more description about our same problem

I wish we can find a solution for this problem for all the users of koha in
the Arab world

while I'm searching i find something about the " أ إ آ"  letters to considers
them all as "ا "
and I find something about the suffix " ة ه "

the solution is to edit the  words-icu.xml file and add these lines :

for أ آ إ :
  <transliterate rule="  [\u0623 \u0625 \u0622] > \u0627 " />

and for the ة ه   suffix add :
  <transliterate rule="ه > ة"/>

and for the ي ى  suffix add :
  <transliterate rule=" ى > ي "/>

 I didn't try this I wish you try and tell me

but about ignoring the الـ  letters in words i didn't find how to do this

I wish someone can help us about this

best regards

On Thu, Oct 25, 2012 at 5:39 AM, mh_zalabany at hotmail.com <
mh_zalabany at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hi karam
> I think this issue is very important to all users who use Arabic language
> We need to know what the important modifications in Zebra index And koha
> files to index the arabic words without suffix and prifex
> or searsh with root word using zebra
>
> I will give you example
> We need to search for word (al-madrasah) this mean school
> We have tow parts (al) mean (the)and (madrasah ) and the last caracter (h)
> may have tow forms( ه ة ) we need when we search for madrasa get madrasah
> and al-madrasah with all its forms
> Sent from my HTC

*Karam Qubsi*
Arabic Koha Support Team
The founder of Wikibrary (The Arabic Libraries And Information Science
Encyclopedia )

*Email: karamqubsi at gmail.com*
*Skype : karam.qubsi*
*Mobile: +963 991 264 020*
*Viber <http://viber.com/> / Tango <http://www.tango.me/> : +963 991 264 020
*
*Wikibrary website : http://wikibrary.org*
*Wiki and forum for Arabic Koha :
http://koha.wikibrary.org<http://wikibrary.org/>
*
*كرم قبسي.*
كوها العربي ـ فريق الدعم
مؤسس ويكيمكتبات ( الموسوعة العربية للمكتبات والمعلومات )