[Koha] Fwd: Koha Database Migration

Chris Nighswonger cnighswonger at foundations.edu
Thu Oct 25 23:13:28 NZDT 2012

Yesan,

Please send your support requests to the Koha User's list. You will
have a much greater chance of getting a response that way.

You should be able to do an "in place" upgrade. After taking a backup
of your current database, just install the new version of Koha and
browse to the staff interface to run the installer. There is also at
least one script you will need to run from the command line to remove
the items from the bibs.

Probably the best way is to move to the packages. I believe there is a
way when installing from the packages to import your existing
database. Check out koha-create for more on that. Also, I think the
packages will run all of the necessary back-end scripts. Someone else
will correct me if I'm wrong.

Read more here: http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Debian

Kind Regards,
Chris