[Koha] Authority indexing

Jared Camins-Esakov jcamins at cpbibliography.com
Sat Jul 14 04:59:58 NZST 2012

Cecil, et. al.,

> When you click on the editing gadget I would like it to default to MAIN
> ENTRY and STARTS WITH.  Not main entry $a only.  The results should also
> show the see from references so that you don't use an (unfortunately) old
> heading that should have been changed.

Would it be fair to say what I'm seeing is a growing consensus that "Main
entry ($a only)" isn't used, and a default of "Main entry" would make sense?

> Public services staff and opac users don't really use authorities but they
> would use a browse list of subjects, authors and series, with all the
> appropriate cross references showing and searchable.

Would you say that it would be more useful to default to "Main entry" or
"All headings" on the OPAC side?

Regards,
Jared

--
Jared Camins-Esakov
Bibliographer, C & P Bibliography Services, LLC
(e-mail) jcamins at cpbibliography.com
(web) http://www.cpbibliography.com/