[Koha] Authority indexing

Elaine Bradtke eb at efdss.org
Thu Jul 26 08:43:49 NZST 2012

I agree with Cecil's statement below. Especially the see from references.
 I've had to put in a few dozen authorities with [Not Used] to work around
this, as there is a rather entrenched set of non- standard headings that
were used in the old system and have since been replaced.
Elaine
On Fri, Jul 13, 2012 at 5:50 PM, Hillyard, Cecil
<CHillyard at washoecounty.us>wrote:

> Cataloging staff uses the authorities.
>
> When you click on the editing gadget I would like it to default to MAIN
> ENTRY and STARTS WITH.  Not main entry $a only.  The results should also
> show the see from references so that you don't use an (unfortunately) old
> heading that should have been changed.
>
> Public services staff and opac users don't really use authorities but they
> would use a browse list of subjects, authors and series, with all the
> appropriate cross references showing and searchable.
>
> __________________________
> Cecil Hillyard
> Washoe County Library
> -Tel: 775-327-8338 or 7750-327-8330
> fax: 775-327-8334

Elaine Bradtke
Data Wrangler
VWML
Tel    +44 (0) 20 7485 2206 (This number is for the English Folk Dance and
Song Society in London, England. If you wish to phone me personally, send
an e-mail first. I work off site)