[Koha] Sudden problem with check in

Agnes Rivers-Moore arm at hanover.ca
Sat May 14 04:25:43 NZST 2011

Hello Lisa

We had a similar problem for multi-branch libraries when we went to 3.00.06.
We have not quite got to the bottom of it yet but - check that both
location codes for the item are a match with your branch code. (item
current location and permanent location) In our case sometimes the item
current location was not the same or was blank, so the item needed to be
edited.
Then there is a preference HomeOrHoldingBranchReturn - check it seems to
be set to the item location field that you want to control transfers.

Hope this helps
Agnes

On 12/05/2011 11:25 AM, Peel Lisa wrote:

> Hello
>
> All of a sudden we are having a problem when checking in some items –
> we keep getting the message ‘this item needs to be transferred to
> IHCR. Transfer now?’ even when the item is being checked in at IHCR
> and the borrower also has the location IHCR. It is doing this
> sparodically (different patrons, different item types) and I can’t see
> any pattern so it is hard to duplicate, it seems to be happening (at
> the moment) only at one location.
>
> Any ideas? What does Circ use to determine location (I had assumed
> from the location chosen when logging in)? And why has it only just
> started to happen (been running Koha since last August).
>
> We are on 3.00.05 (hoping to upgrade very soon!!)
>
> Regards
>
> Lisa

> **
>
> **
>
> *LISA PEEL, PGDip, MA.***
>
> Librarian
>
> César Ritz Colleges Switzerland
>
> 1897 Le Bouveret - Switzerland
>
> Tel: +41 24 482 82 82 Fax: +41 24 482 82 80
>
> E-mail: *lisa.peel at ritz.edu <mailto:hortense.hofer at ritz.edu>*
>
> http://www.ritz.edu <http://www.ritz.edu/> -
> http://www.culinaryarts.ch <http://www.culinaryarts.ch/>

CEO/ Chief Librarian
Hanover Public Library.
451 10th Ave,
Hanover, ON
N4N 2P1

Tel: 519-364-1420
Email: arm at hanover.ca

Please consider the environment before printing this message or attachments.

Support your library! Please consider making a donation, joining the Friends of the Library, or remembering us in your will.