[Koha] Sirsi in NZ!

MJ Ray mjr at phonecoop.coop
Wed May 4 02:36:27 NZST 2011

Paul POULAIN wrote:
> Le 03/05/2011 12:09, MJ Ray a écrit :
> > Did the National Library of NZ use a procurement process?
>
> iirc, Dan Christie, Catalyst director (Chris C. employer) spoke of this
> during KohaCon. iirc, he said it was hard to convince OpenSource was a
> possibility.
> that's all I remember, i've forgotten the details (but i'm not surprised
> by this news, it was implied when I heard don speaking of that)

Chris Cormack passed me the link
http://www.dgmarket.com/tenders/np-notice.do~5329124
which doesn't work for me (no cookies until you show me a privacy
policy, nasty error page) but might contain information.

http://bywatersolutions.com/2010/10/26/kohacon10-promoting-free-softare-in-libraries/
is Nicole's blog post about Don's talk but I'm not sure I see
the above comments reflected in that.

Here's an interesting question from #koha - when should suppliers
protest about defective procurement processes?  I think it's best
done while the process is still open (so there is still some chance
it could be suspended and relaunched) but others said it's better
to bid first, complain later.  Any procurement experts here?

Thanks,
http://koha-community.org supporter, web and LMS developer, statistician.
Available for hire for Koha work http://www.software.coop/products/koha