[Koha] Conference bids?

Chris Cormack chrisc at catalyst.net.nz
Fri Jan 14 09:32:08 NZDT 2011

* MJ Ray (mjr at phonecoop.coop) wrote:

Hi MJ

> M. Brooke Helman wrote:
> >        Surely, surely there are folks out there that these magic pixels will
> > reach that harbour a burning passion to host a Koha Conference. Step up and
> > declare your intent, please. The clock is ticking if we really do want an annual
> > Conference. Toss your hat in the ring. After all
> >
> > "How hard could it be?"
>
> software.coop has agreed to evaluate the idea of hosting #kohacon11
> but we've been a bit busy (as ever).  What do they need to know?
>
> We're still a fairly small company (not being able to pawn the company
> makes growth slower but stabler) so how many people would we need?
>
> Any notes the people at Catalyst can share?  HLT?  Plano?  France?
>
> Is http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Koha_Conference_Bidding
> current?

Sorta

http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Talk:Koha_Conference_Bidding is
worth readint too, as well as
http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/KohaCon2011_Proposals

My suggestions learnt from hosting Kohacon10 .. get a venue and dates as
early as possible, to give people plenty of times to organise travel.
Then get speakers lined up, once you have those 3 things, everything
else starts clicking into place.

Chris