[Koha] Conference bids?

Lori Bowen Ayre lori.ayre at galecia.com
Wed Jan 19 11:17:58 NZDT 2011

Hi All,

I live in a cute small town that is in the wine country of California,
Petaluma.  Also, the town is scenic with lots of good restaurants and
shopping.  We're 30 miles from the ocean, 45 minutes from San Francisco, and
we have three international airports all within 1 to 1.5 hours from here.
 Now that we have Koha libraries (and more on the way) here in California,
it would be great to have a conference here so they could attend.

We have a Sheraton in town plus some other economy hotels so we could hold
the meeting at the Sheraton (depending on cost) or possibly at our community
college or junior college or possibly one of several other venues here.  I
haven't checked into anything but the Sheraton.

Any interest?

Lori

2011/1/13 Chris Cormack <chrisc at catalyst.net.nz>

> * MJ Ray (mjr at phonecoop.coop) wrote:
>
> Hi MJ
>
> > M. Brooke Helman wrote:
> > >        Surely, surely there are folks out there that these magic pixels
> will
> > > reach that harbour a burning passion to host a Koha Conference. Step up
> and
> > > declare your intent, please. The clock is ticking if we really do want
> an annual
> > > Conference. Toss your hat in the ring. After all
> > >
> > > "How hard could it be?"
> >
> > software.coop has agreed to evaluate the idea of hosting #kohacon11
> > but we've been a bit busy (as ever).  What do they need to know?
> >
> > We're still a fairly small company (not being able to pawn the company
> > makes growth slower but stabler) so how many people would we need?
> >
> > Any notes the people at Catalyst can share?  HLT?  Plano?  France?
> >
> > Is http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Koha_Conference_Bidding
> > current?
> >
> Sorta
>
> http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Talk:Koha_Conference_Bidding is
> worth readint too, as well as
> http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/KohaCon2011_Proposals
>
> My suggestions learnt from hosting Kohacon10 .. get a venue and dates as
> early as possible, to give people plenty of times to organise travel.
> Then get speakers lined up, once you have those 3 things, everything
> else starts clicking into place.
>
> Chris
>

> > Hope that helps,
> > --
> > MJ Ray (slef), member of www.software.coop, a for-more-than-profit
> co-op.
> > Past Koha Release Manager (2.0), LMS programmer, statistician, webmaster.
> > In My Opinion Only: see http://mjr.towers.org.uk/email.html
> > Available for hire for Koha work http://www.software.coop/products/koha

> Chris Cormack
> Catalyst IT Ltd.
> +64 4 803 2238
> PO Box 11-053, Manners St, Wellington 6142, New Zealand

Lori Bowen Ayre // Library Technology Consultant
The Galecia Group // www.galecia.com
(707) 763-6869 // Lori.Ayre at galecia.com

<Lori.Ayre at galecia.com>Specializing in open source ILS solutions, RFID,
filtering,
workflow optimization, and materials handling