[Koha] Browsing the shelf is based on ?

hansbkk at gmail.com hansbkk at gmail.com
Sat Feb 26 00:09:19 NZDT 2011

> 2011/2/24 Robin Sheat <robin at catalyst.net.nz>:
>> There's a patch that I wrote that I think is in master (and maybe in the latest stable?) that creates sysprefs that let you pick exactly what it filters on, e.g. being able to switch off caring about location.

Turns out it didn't take much wading - I assume this option is slated
to appear near the OPACShelfBrowser syspref, and with the latest
stable (3.2.5) it's not there yet.

I plan to populate my database as if that option will show up sometime
soon. Which means the shelf-browser functionality will be a bit broken
until it appears, but that's better than having to go back and fix all
the data later.

Thanks a lot for the very helpful information.

In addition to the below, can anyone point out any possible problems
with having a lot (say hundreds) of Ccodes?

For my use case Collection isn't relevant for either physical location
(branch+call number) nor lending policies (item type), so I'm thinking
of using it simply as a category for grouping items - in some cases
hundreds, in others as few as a dozen.

> Can anyone point out any possible other complications from
> re-purposing the shelving location for something like "target
> audience"?
>
> I want to take advantage of the fact that the field shows up in search
> results, and I don't need it for its original purpose.

Actually now that I think about it, I could use shelving location for
that and Ccode for the above, might make more sense.