[Koha] Browsing the shelf is based on ?

hansbkk at gmail.com hansbkk at gmail.com
Fri Feb 25 20:14:13 NZDT 2011

2011/2/24 Robin Sheat <robin at catalyst.net.nz>:
>> When the user clicks on the "browse the shelf" feature, is that based
>> solely on the call numbers? Or is there an interaction with the
>> "source item's" branch/library, collection code, shelving location,
>> item type or anything else?
>
> Disclaimer: this is without checking. It looks at the location and the call
> numbers. It's intended to show the items that would be nearby on the same
> physical shelf. There's a patch that I wrote that I think is in master (and
> maybe in the latest stable?) that creates sysprefs that let you pick exactly
> what it filters on, e.g. being able to switch off caring about location.

Great information Robin, thanks.

I'll wade through the sysprefs again next time I upgrade (waiting on
the the Debian package) to see if I can find that, I'd love to be able
to turn it off.

Can anyone point out any possible other complications from
re-purposing the shelving location for something like "target
audience"?

I want to take advantage of the fact that the field shows up in search
results, and I don't need it for its original purpose.