[Koha] Firefox and Koha PAC

Stacy Pober stacy.pober at manhattan.edu
Sat Oct 16 10:33:39 NZDT 2010

I believe the libraries in your system are using one of the PTFS/Liblime
versions of Koha, right?  I'm at a library that is using LEK from PTFS.

At a meeting this summer of librarians from institutions using LEK, someone
asked about Internet Explorer support.  The PTFS/Liblime rep said that they
do not support Internet Explorer.   He said that because IE8 is more
standards-compliant than previous IE versions, there may not be any issues,
but the company doesn't specifically design it to work in any version of
IE.  We were told that if the development group wanted to be sure that LEK
would support IE7 or some other specific IE version, then that would have to
be funded as another software enhancement .

The question was specifically raised whether the non-support of IE applied
to the OPAC and the answer was yes.

Whether this applies to the version you are using (Harley? Master?) I don't
know.

--
Stacy Pober
Information Alchemist