[Koha] Foundation conversation

Chris Nighswonger cnighswonger at foundations.edu
Sat Oct 16 08:35:15 NZDT 2010

Hi David,

On Fri, Oct 15, 2010 at 2:09 PM, <david at lang.hm> wrote:

> Paul,
>   If assets are worthless, why do you want the domain name that they have?
>
> I think it would be very reasonable to initially give them a minority
> position on the board, but have those seats convert to elected positions
> after X years (if they have multiple seats, stagger the conversions.
>
> yes, it's giveing them more representation on the board than they may
> 'deserve' basedon recent contributions, but since it is a _minority_ they
> aren't controlling things, so how does it hurt you (as opposed to mearly
> offending your FSF inspired sense of right)?
>
> This would not be the first time something like this has happened, and
> usually the company starts off with a majority position, in this case they
> are not asking for that.

Sorry if the answer to this question is already obvious, but I'm a bit slow
sometimes....

Exactly what has been your contribution(s) to this project?

and

Exactly what motivates you to take an interest in it?

I'm curious as I always like to know what makes folks interested in Koha
tick.

Kind Regards,
Chris