[Koha] Printing search results

Jared Camins-Esakov camins at numismatics.org
Thu Mar 25 09:35:19 NZDT 2010

Chris,

> First question is, what version of Koha are you running?

Sorry about that. We've been running 3.0.5, but we're actually setting
up a computer with 3.2-alpha as I type this. I did not think to check if
3.2 had added any functionality for printing bibliographies.
> The COinS support was designed to work with Zotero, and as far as I
> know does. (At least in the current master branch of the git
> repository)

The COinS support for MARC21 is very rudimentary (there's even a comment
to that effect in Biblio::GetCOinSBiblio). The specific "itch" that we
have at the American Numismatic Society is that it doesn't handle
analytics (and why would it? not many libraries use analytics). Since
analytics make up more than half of our database, that's a serious issue
for us. It also doesn't deal specially with conference publications
(008/29), a feature I think we'll probably add in while we're at it.
> But like all software, everything can be improved, speaking as Release
> Manager for version 3.4 (the next version 3.2.0 is in feature freeze
> and near stable release) I do ask though that any improvements be sent
> as patches, so they can be included in Koha for the benefit of all :)

We will be happy to share our improvements with the community.

Regards,
Jared Camins-Esakov

--
Jared Camins-Esakov