[Koha] Printing search results

Chris Cormack chris at bigballofwax.co.nz
Thu Mar 25 08:38:01 NZDT 2010

On 25 March 2010 07:26, Jared Camins-Esakov <camins at numismatics.org> wrote:
> Hello.
>
> We are are in the process of converting our library from a custom ILS to
> Koha. Although we have only had our proof-of-concept Koha instance
> running for a few months, I have already had two patrons ask if it was
> possible to print out search results as a bibliography (preferably in
> some standard format like MLA, Chicago, APA...). Has anyone customized
> Koha to print bibliographies based on search results, or does anyone
> have any suggestions for other ways we might meet our patrons' needs?

First question is, what version of Koha are you running?

> We're also looking into extending the COinS functionality, so that our
> patrons could use Zotero (or another citation manager, I assume) to
> produce bibliographies, so if anyone would be willing to share any
> improvements to Biblio::GetCOinSBiblio for MARC21 flavor, we would be
> grateful.

The COinS support was designed to work with Zotero, and as far as I
know does. (At least in the current master branch of the git
repository)

But like all software, everything can be improved, speaking as Release
Manager for version 3.4 (the next version 3.2.0 is in feature freeze
and near stable release) I do ask though that any improvements be sent
as patches, so they can be included in Koha for the benefit of all :)

Chris