[Koha] Users and developers (was KUDOS - ALA Proposed Agenda)

Chris Nighswonger cnighswonger at foundations.edu
Fri Jan 22 12:28:52 NZDT 2010

Hi Lori,

My pre-RFP thoughts follow.

On Thu, Jan 21, 2010 at 6:04 PM, Lori Ayre <loriayre at gmail.com> wrote:
> A lot of it is indeed in Bugzilla (and perhaps more of it even that we know)
> but the idea was to make this very user friendly and to make it possible for
> people to contribute funding to enhancements, to claim themselves as lead
> sponsor, to vote on the desirability of the feature...that sort of thing.

Take a look at this bugzilla screenshot:
http://www.screencast.com/t/ZGY5OTJiYjIt

You will notice a section for indicating sponsorship. There are
currently three options: Seeking Cosponsors, Seeking Developer, and
Sponsored. I think more options could be added.

This shot misses it, but just down the page in the right sidebar
labeled 'Related Actions'  there is an option to vote for this
bug/enhancement as well as in indication of the current votes cast for
this bug/enhancement.

You can also see that bugzilla allows for the tracking of time
invested in the particular bug/enhancement.

I believe there are other features available which can be switched on
or off in the configuration.

I think it would also be possible to write a different (perhaps more
friendly) interface for those who find the default interface
unappealing or confusing. In my opinion that might be less expensive
and reduce the possibility of introducing another impedance point
between librarians and developers which might otherwise (though
unintentionally) be caused by having two different tracking systems.

Kind Regards,
Chris