[Koha] NoZebra - Zebra

MJ Ray mjr at phonecoop.coop
Wed Aug 25 20:41:43 NZST 2010

Marilen Corciovei wrote:
> told me NoZebra is no longer supported so I switched to zebra. The only
> problem since was related to the fact that re-indexing is not in
> real-time and one should get used to wait until the data is available
> for search.

There are currently some discussions on the koha-devel email list
about making reindexing happen in realtime, rather than the current
configurable "every N minutes".  How big an issue is that for
libraries?

Do people know which other LMSes are really in realtime and which only
claim to be?  (Koha is one of very few which you can check the code.)

Is any (group of) library(/ies) willing to fund this change?  Or is
someone already doing so?

Curiously,
--
MJ Ray (slef) Webmaster and developer for hire at | software