[Koha] Vendor question

Gloria Hicks ghicks at nsidc.org
Wed Aug 4 03:17:40 NZST 2010

Hello,
I'm investigating the possibility of moving to Koha, and I would like to
know more about the vendors that others have used for the installation
and for support.  We might or might not have the IT support in house,
and I am trying to gather data on our options.

If you used a vendor, please answer the following questions -- please
reply off-list.

1. Which vendor?
2. How satisfied were you with the installation and migration of your
ILS to Koha?
3. Was the migration completed in a timely manner?
4. Were there special issues or problems that made the migration more
complicated?
5. Did your vendor help with the design of the interface and web pages?
If so, was this an extra cost?
6. Are you satisfied with the look of your catalog and other staff pages
(i.e. acquistions, patrons, reports, etc.)? How much input did you have
in the designing of your public catalog page and the staff pages?
7. Which type of support do you have? (i.e. per incident or annual fee)
8. Are you satisfied with the response time when you have to contact
support? With the expertise of the vendor's technical staff?
9. Who hosts the data? the vendor or do you have your own server?
10. Please provide any other information that you think might be helpful
in choosing a vendor.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Gloria

--
Gloria Hicks
Roger G. Barry Resource Office for Cryospheric Studies
ghicks at nsidc.org