No subject

Wed Nov 11 03:01:06 NZDT 2009

more along the standard communication in which PTFS was  comfortable but
backed out.  At which point things started to degrade  and positions started
to be posted on the web to the community.

I  know this doesn't look like a business transaction, but for PTFS it is
and
that is how they have known how to do business in the past.  They  will need
to become comfortable in talking and working with the community  but it
can't
happen over night.

The LibLime purchase has only been  about a month or a little more, we need
to work together to resolve our  differences to come to a common
understanding.

I hope both parties  read this and can pull back rethink how this will be
approached and try  again.  We are all very attached to this emotionally so
we need to be  careful on how we react to postings and emails in a
professional  manner.  I would hate to see this return to the situation we
had 8  months ago.  At least PTFS was willing to talk with HLT which is
more
than we had gotten previously.

David Schuster

Sherman,  Kelly wrote:

> LibLime Thoughts
>

> LibLime (a division of PTFS) is disappointed to learn that the HLT  Koha
> Committee has chosen to cancel our scheduled conference  call.  We thought
> that we would discuss issues important to the  ongoing development of Koha
> and that we would form a partnership that  would permit us to work
together
> globally to build a better open  source ILS solution for libraries.
>

> LibLime  wants to assume the best and understands that the HLT Committee
is
> new  to business matters, acquisitions, and financial transactions on the
>  scale required to move the Koha project to the next level.   Perhaps  the
> newness of these experiences has resulted in their one-sided point  of
> view;
> their conflicting and inaccurate web posts; and their  decision to
> participate in a conference call, only to decline it the  next day.
>

> The PTFS acquisition of LibLime  *will* take the Koha project to the next
> level by utilizing agile  software development and systems engineering
> methodologies.   Working closely with libraries, this effort will result
in
> advancing  Koha into the ultimate open source ILS solution.
>

> We will support Koha through the koha.org website and we will  continue to
> work towards our goal of developing and deploying a true  next generation
> system that manages both print and digital collections  in a single
> application.  We are asking for participants from  Koha libraries that may
> want to partner with us to maintain  documentation, design new development
> features, catalog bug issues,  and promote Koha successes world-wide.   If
> you are ready to  help build a better Koha please contact
> ksherman at ptfs.com.
>

> Kelly Sherman
>
>  [image: cid:image001.jpg at 01C93493.7636F5C0]
>
> Progressive  Technology Federal Systems, Inc.
>
> 6400 Goldsboro Rd., Suite  200
>
> Bethesda, MD  20817
>
> 301-654-8088,  ext. 176
>
> 301-654-5789 (fax)
>
>  http://www.ptfs.com

--part1_3510e.bda8aee.390bc355_boundary

<HTML><HEAD>
<META content=3D"text/html; charset=3DUS-ASCII" http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<META name=3DGENERATOR content=3D"MSHTML 8.00.6001.18904"></HEAD>
<BODY style=3D"FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: #000000; FONT-SIZE: 10pt" id=3Dr=
ole_body  bottomMargin=3D7 leftMargin=3D7 rightMargin=3D7 topMargin=3D7><F=
ONT id=3Drole_document  color=3D#000000 size=3D2 face=3DArial>
<DIV>A way to nip any PTFS threats of&nbsp;totalitarianism &nbsp;&nbsp;in=
 the=20
bud is&nbsp; for a group of people to get together and just spew out&nbsp;=
 for=20
&nbsp;free what PTFS&nbsp; seeks to capitalize on...</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Everyone gains!&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; well except perhaps PTFS who seems=
 to be=20
sticking their first foot out an a nasty manner... oh well!</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Ed#</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 PTSIZE=3D"10">&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>
<DIV>
<DIV>In a message dated 4/29/2010 10:12:09 P.M. US Mountain Standard Time,=
=20
dschust1 at tx.rr.com writes:</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE  style=3D"BORDER-LEFT: blue 2px solid; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARG=
IN-LEFT: 5px"><FONT    style=3D"BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" color=3D#00=
0000 size=3D2 face=3DArial><BR>Two=20
  things.<BR><BR>With the blog post on the koha-community site and this em=
ail=20
  and comments<BR>from the community I am not seeing two parties trying to=
 work=20
  together.<BR><BR>PTFS - is a company and has run on a corporate model -=
 they=20
  "purchased"<BR>assets so they need to decide how to handle those assets.=
&nbsp;=20
  In that same<BR>concept the community WANTS some of those assets so I do=
n't=20
  think these<BR>discussions on the list are going to help us gain what we=
 all=20
  want.&nbsp; A<BR>system we can all work together to make better.<BR><BR>=
If all=20
  of these people were sitting in a room together they would have been<BR>=
able=20
  to work this out, but due to distance and time communication is harder<B=
R>to=20
  achieve.<BR><BR>From my understanding the HLT committee had agreed to a=
 phone=20
  call which is<BR>more along the standard communication in which PTFS was=
=20
  comfortable but<BR>backed out.&nbsp; At which point things started to de=
grade=20
  and positions started<BR>to be posted on the web to the community.<BR><B=
R>I=20
  know this doesn't look like a business transaction, but for PTFS it is=
=20
  and<BR>that is how they have known how to do business in the past.&nbsp;=
 They=20
  will need<BR>to become comfortable in talking and working with the commu=
nity=20
  but it can't<BR>happen over night.<BR><BR>The LibLime purchase has only=
 been=20
  about a month or a little more, we need<BR>to work together to resolve=
 our=20
  differences to come to a common<BR>understanding.<BR><BR>I hope both par=
ties=20
  read this and can pull back rethink how this will be<BR>approached and=
 try=20
  again.&nbsp; We are all very attached to this emotionally so<BR>we need=
 to be=20
  careful on how we react to postings and emails in a<BR>professional=20
  manner.&nbsp; I would hate to see this return to the situation we<BR>had=
 8=20
  months ago.&nbsp; At least PTFS was willing to talk with HLT which is=20
  more<BR>than we had gotten previously.<BR><BR>David Schuster<BR><BR>Sher=
man,=20
  Kelly wrote:<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; LibLime Thoughts<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; <BR>&gt;=
=20
  <BR>&gt; LibLime (a division of PTFS) is disappointed to learn that the=
 HLT=20
  Koha<BR>&gt; Committee has chosen to cancel our scheduled conference=20
  call.&nbsp; We thought<BR>&gt; that we would discuss issues important to=
 the=20
  ongoing development of Koha<BR>&gt; and that we would form a partnership=
 that=20
  would permit us to work together<BR>&gt; globally to build a better open=
=20
  source ILS solution for libraries.<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; Li=
bLime=20
  wants to assume the best and understands that the HLT Committee is<BR>&g=
t; new=20
  to business matters, acquisitions, and financial transactions on the<BR>=
&gt;=20
  scale required to move the Koha project to the next level.&nbsp;&nbsp;=
 Perhaps=20
  the<BR>&gt; newness of these experiences has resulted in their one-sided=
 point=20
  of<BR>&gt; view;<BR>&gt; their conflicting and inaccurate web posts; and=
 their=20
  decision to<BR>&gt; participate in a conference call, only to decline it=
 the=20
  next day.<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; The PTFS acquisition of Lib=
Lime=20
  *will* take the Koha project to the next<BR>&gt; level by utilizing agil=
e=20
  software development and systems engineering<BR>&gt; methodologies.&nbsp=
;=20
  Working closely with libraries, this effort will result in<BR>&gt; advan=
cing=20
  Koha into the ultimate open source ILS solution.<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; <BR>&g=
t;=20
  <BR>&gt; We will support Koha through the koha.org website and we will=
=20
  continue to<BR>&gt; work towards our goal of developing and deploying a=
 true=20
  next generation<BR>&gt; system that manages both print and digital colle=
ctions=20
  in a single<BR>&gt; application.&nbsp; We are asking for participants fr=
om=20
  Koha libraries that may<BR>&gt; want to partner with us to maintain=20
  documentation, design new development<BR>&gt; features, catalog bug issu=
es,=20
  and promote Koha successes world-wide.&nbsp;&nbsp; If<BR>&gt; you are re=
ady to=20
  help build a better Koha please contact<BR>&gt; ksherman at ptfs.com.<BR>&g=
t;=20
  <BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; Kelly Sherman<BR>&gt; <BR>&=
gt;=20
  [image: cid:image001.jpg at 01C93493.7636F5C0]<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; Progressive=
=20
  Technology Federal Systems, Inc.<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; 6400 Goldsboro Rd., Su=
ite=20
  200<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; Bethesda, MD&nbsp; 20817<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; 301-654-8=
088,=20
  ext. 176<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; 301-654-5789 (fax)<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt;=20
  http://www.ptfs.com</FONT></BLOCKQUOTE></DIV></FONT></DIV></FONT></BODY>=
</HTML>

--part1_3510e.bda8aee.390bc355_boundary--