[Koha] Please Help: Authority Search - Not returning Result. Zebra Index Picks up 4 Authority Records

Beda Szukics beda at muri-gries.ch
Tue Nov 3 22:07:59 NZDT 2009

Hi Susan

Susan Mustafa schrieb:
> Kindly tell me how do I disable the Authority? in Koha?

Go to Koha Administration->MARC Framework and select "MARC structure"
for the framework you are using.

There search the tag you have problems with (e.g. 100), select
"subfields", click on "Edit Subfields", select the subfield (usually
"a"), select "display more constraints" and at the bottom you will see
"Other Options" with "Thesaurus: PERSO_NAME". Change that to blank using
the pull-down-menu and you should be happy :-)

You have to do that for every framework and for every field wich might
use authority control (there are quite a few).

Or you can start over installing koha and deselect in the web-installer
authority-control. (I'm not quite sure, but I think the easiest way to
do that consists in dropping your database in mysql and recreating it
manually - but I have never tried that!).

Greetings               Beda