[Koha] Reference books & books for loan

Walls, Ian Ian.Walls at med.nyu.edu
Sat Jun 13 01:30:08 NZST 2009

You'll need to assign your non-circulating books to one Item Type, and
your circulating books to another (you could use more Item Types if you
need to make more distinctions for statistical purposes).  If you do not
want to burden your patrons with this distinction in the OPAC, you can
then define a CCODE (in Authorized Values) for Books, assign both
circulating and non-circulating books to that CCODE, and switch the
AdvancedSearchTypes system preference (in the Searching tab) from
'itemtypes' to 'ccode'.

This is assuming you aren't already using CCODE for something else...

Hope this helps,

Ian Walls

Systems Integration Librarian

NYU Health Sciences Libraries