[Koha] Accession numbers, again

bradtke.e at googlemail.com bradtke.e at googlemail.com
Sun Dec 20 04:51:56 NZDT 2009

On Dec 18, 2009 3:23pm, "Wagner, Jane" <jwagner at ptfs.com> wrote:
> The public note field (952z) should be indexed by default --

> it isn't on your system? Alternatively, could you use the accession

> number as part of the call number (952o)? That's indexed and displays.

I was unclear about that. 952z is indexed, but you can't limit the search
to only that field.
Doing a general keyword search with a string of numbers, even in our small
test set of records brings up far too many false positives.

Our accession numbers relate directly to each item itself, so in order for
this link to stay intact, I think it will have to go in the 952 somewhere.

Ian's suggestion might work:
It might be easier to come up with a hack... if you accession numbers are
less than 10 characters, you could wedge them into the 'stack' field, which
I've not yet found a use for. 'more_subfields_xml' is also a possibility,
since it's primarily used for UNIMARC installations. I'm not sure if
putting something in there for MARC21 would break things, though.

I tried using the stack field and Koha changed what I entered - 12345 to
127 by some weird digital magic. I think there's a link in the MARC format
to some sort of authority file which might be the culprit. I can see if it
works when I disable the link. Otherwise, I was wondering if one could use
double letters for a subfield (952pp?).
Elaine