[Koha] transfering data from 2.2.9 to koha 3.0

Joe Atzberger ohiocore at gmail.com
Wed Oct 29 07:44:55 NZDT 2008

Marty --

I don't know what might be the problem with your patrons.  You can probably
get more info from your Error logs.  Then connect with mysql on the command
line and examine the borrowers table.  Make sure that required fields are
populated.

You have to rebuild the index for books regardless of whether you use zebra
or not.  See:
misc/migration_tools/rebuild_zebra.pl
misc/migration_tools/rebuild_nozebra.pl

Typical options are -b -a -z.  This job is usually scheduled via crontab to
automate rebuilding the index (assuming some new books are added regularly).

Zebra certainly can improve performance for a library of any size, and is
recommended.  Your performance may be affected as much by drive speed as
CPU, and some system profiling is the only way to know for sure.  You can
try watching the output of "top" (assuming you are on a linux-derivative
platform) while you do Koha operations to see how much CPU is consumed.

--Joe Atzberger