[Koha] German MARC record issues

Radoslav Kolev radoslav at kolev.info
Thu May 17 23:03:13 NZST 2007

Hi!

On 5/17/07, Michel Virard <mvirard at symtec.ca> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I do have a similar problem: I use the US Library of Congress and the
> Canada National Library as my primary sources of Z39.50 records. In both
> cases the format is MARC21. The English book notices coming from both
> libraries are OK but the French books from the Canadian Library get their
> French accented letters converted to two letters (é -> Âe).

To have unicode support in Koha you need to do a couple of things.

When creating the tables in mysql you need to set the encoding to UTF8.

>From the Koha Intranet interface go to the Parameters->System Preferences
page. The select the Intranet tab. There is a setting for "Template
encoding".  What is this value in your installation? It should be set to
utf-8.  This may be the default in the latest versions.

Regards,
Rado