[Koha] MARC check...didn't pass the test

Olugbenga Adara gbengaadara at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 29 23:57:46 NZST 2007

--- Katie Thomas <katiemiss at hotmail.com> wrote:

> I'm not exactly sure how the mailing list works.
> I'm totally new to Koha.
> But I have encountered something I'm a bit confused
> by, and I thought maybe
> someone has seen this before and could tell me what
> they did to remedy the
> situation.
>

> I've done my MARC check and it recorded one error.
> It says:
>
> Item fields          ALL items fields MUST:
>
>                                     Be mapped to the
> same tag,
>
>                                     And they must
> all be in the 10 (items)
> tab
>

> Any advice?

There is a table in koha called the items table. Now
all the fields in this table must be mapped to
subfields in the same tag, e.g. the 952 tag.

And again all this marc tag subfields must be set to
show up in tab 10.

You get to change all this by editing the marc
framework.

Though you did not say which version / what platform
you run koha on, but i got a similar message on a
default installation of koha 2.2.8 on windows. The
problem was the 942 tag which had some of the items
field mapped to it rather than 952.

Olugbenga Adara MCP
Consultant, 3om Services,
75, Lebanon Street, Dugbe,