[Koha] Re: Z3950 Misbehaviours Fixed

Mike D. dalgity at htl.net
Thu Aug 10 00:45:29 NZST 2006

Good, looks like you've got the Z3950 daemon running. For processz3950queue,
don't change this part: (preferredRecordSyntax =>
Net::Z3950::RecordSyntax::USMARC). You only need to change the MARC flavour in
this little section ($globalsyntax eq "MARC21") if you're going to mirror the
changes in CVS and revert back to USMARC for both processz3950queue and the
DEFAULT version of z3950servers.tmpl.

I didn't change processz3950queue or the DEFAULT version of z3950servers.tmpl
because I didn't know if there was any other location this variable is used. I
only changed the NPL version of z3950servers.tmpl (USMARC -> MARC21) to match
the DEFAULT one.

One thing I did fail to mention is that after making changes to the
z3950servers.tmpl file you need to go to the Z39.50 Servers Administration page
and then edit each one of your servers to update the MARC Syntax setting.

Mike D.