[Koha] Borrowing rules

Sandra Turner sandra.turner at gcd.ie
Tue Aug 8 20:43:38 NZST 2006

Hi

We are having trouble setting our borrowing rights to work with our

item types.

Our item types are as follows:

Long Term

Short Term

Reference Items

Audiovisual materials

We have the following borrower types:

Full-Time Student

Past-Time Student

Masters Student

Staff

This table shows the different loan periods.

Full-Time Student          Part-Time Student          Masters Student
Staff

Item Type

Long Term                   14 days                         14 days
31 days                         31 days

Short Term                   2 days                           7 days
7 days                           31 days

Reference Item              0 days                           0 days
0 days                           0 days

Audiovisual materials      1 day                            1 day
1 day                            1 day

The problem is we may have a number of books with the same

bibliographic information but they have different loan periods. E.g. for

all law books we always have at least 1 reference item and some short

term and some long term. This information is now stored in the item

field 995Z in our data. How do we get the lending rules to work?

Thanks

Sandra Turner

The Library

Griffith College Dublin