[Koha] MARC Tags to MARC Format?

Baljkas Family baljkas at mts.net
Tue Sep 14 14:25:07 NZST 2004

Monday, September 13, 2004    21:20 CDT

Hi, Andres, Marco, et al.,

As I've recommended to the list too many times now (and really, I don't get a commission from Terry Reese), MARC Edit can translate a human readable form -- usually called a tagged version -- into a true MARC record.

That is, it can translated ITS tagged format into a true MARC record. How easy it is to get there then depends on what kind of tagged format you already have.

For that matter, although it isn't pretty to read, with a little practice, you can read a true MARC record as it is. Your eye learns to catch the end of delimited fields once you get used to passing over all the directory information at the start.

Just FYI.

Cheers,
Steven F. Baljkas
library tech at large