[Koha] More questions for migrating to koha

Andres Tarallo tarallo at ort.edu.uy
Tue Sep 21 09:12:43 NZST 2004

Stephen:

Thanks for your answer, this is the place where I'm addressing to.

I think that my question was not clear.

We've been studing the Koha Database Schema (for release 2.2). According
to this document we find out that one biblio is shared by many
biblioitems, as many as copies of the book we have. In order to load the
database how do I represent this reality in MARC 21 records?

One idea we have is building a full MARC21 record for each copy of  a
title we have. If this is the way of doing things the Bulk marc import
should take into acount this situation and make one biblio and as many
biblioitems as copies of the book we have.

The other idea is Build a full record with as many 035 tags as copies of
that  book we have. Again bulkmarcimport should take into account this
and build the biblio and biblioitems needed.

We want to know what is the proper way to build our records in order to
get this reality fully represented in the koha database.