[Koha] Circulation User Interface

Luke Ottrey luke at purplelion.com.au
Wed May 19 15:35:55 NZST 2004

 Hi All,

As the circ module for telnet isn't being maintained any more, was just
wondering what people would think of the circulation module doing something
along the following:
1. Librarian scans the card for the patron
2. Librarian scans the patron's items
3. Librarian scans a barcode that is stuck to the desk which signals 'next
borrower'

As we have deployed Koha in a school, when it's 'borrowing time' we have 30
patrons and 100 books to process.  Observation has shown that the only
frustrating part for our teachers is where they have to move the mouse up to
the 'Next Borrower' icon.

I went to do a little hack in the circ module (never having been into it
before), to discover that it was over my head without talking to Paul or
whomever to have a quick hint as to where this info is located.

We're on 2.0.RC4 here.

Looking forward to some constructive discussion as to the benefit of this
type of feature.
Also, the issuelimit 'feature' hasn't yet been included in current dev
versions has it?

Cheers ll,

Luke Ottrey, Purple Lion
Ph: 0408 675 648