[Koha] Circulation User Interface

Chris Cormack chris at katipo.co.nz
Thu May 20 09:34:39 NZST 2004

On Wed, May 19, 2004 at 01:35:55PM +1000, Luke Ottrey said:
>  Hi All,
>
> As the circ module for telnet isn't being maintained any more, was just
> wondering what people would think of the circulation module doing something
> along the following:
> 1. Librarian scans the card for the patron
> 2. Librarian scans the patron's items
> 3. Librarian scans a barcode that is stuck to the desk which signals 'next
> borrower'
>
> As we have deployed Koha in a school, when it's 'borrowing time' we have 30
> patrons and 100 books to process.  Observation has shown that the only
> frustrating part for our teachers is where they have to move the mouse up to
> the 'Next Borrower' icon.

Hi Luke

Heres a trick that works in 1.2.x releases I assume it will still work in
2.0.0.
When ur finished with a borrower, try just hitting the return key (on the
keyboard)
That should automatically start a new borrower.

If this works for you, it might negate the need to have the barcode signally
next borrower.
(Essentially a blank barcode signals next borrower to koha as it is)

Chris

027 4500 789                                       Katipo Communications Ltd
chris at katipo.co.nz                                          www.katipo.co.nz