[Koha] Overdues & Fines

Juan Martin Longo jmlongo at uncu.edu.ar
Wed May 19 10:11:58 NZST 2004

Hi there to all again

As you already know, Koha asign a charge to a borrower for any book
that's not returned to the library before the due date....  I managed to
understand how the "1,7,7" parameter in the Charges section of the
System Preferences works, and took a look at the categoryitems table...

My problem is that our libraries don't charge money on the borrowers
(believe it or not) with overdues. What we do over here, is to suspend
the borrower (so he/she cannot borrow any other book) one day for each
day that has passed after the due date. For example, if a borrower
returns the book two days afer the due date, he will be unable to borrow
any other book for the next two days.

So.. I've been reading
Fines.pm

fines2.pl
by the way, this script gives me an error saying:
DBD::mysql::st execute failed: No Database Selected at
/usr/share/perl/5.8/C4/Circulation/Fines.pm line 71.
DBD::mysql::st fetchrow_hashref failed: fetch() without execute() at
/usr/share/perl/5.8/C4/Circulation/Fines.pm line 75.

the error appears when Fines.pm  tries to do    $sth->execute;  so I
guess that   my $dbh = C4::Context->dbh;  is not getting the value it
should...  I looked up into Context.pm and found the line

$self->{"dbh"} = undef;        # Database handle

could it be the problem... should I change 'undef' for 'Koha' (the name
of my Koha database)?  I'll do that right after sending this mail  :)

So.. what Im asking for is some help about what should be done to get
the 'suspension' thing to work... any ideas will be most apreciated.

Thanks in advance

Martin Longo
http://sid.uncu.edu.ar