[Koha] LC, development, and flamewars

Pat Eyler pate at eylerfamily.org
Wed Dec 24 07:28:01 NZDT 2003

I'd like to chime in here before things get too hot.  The Koha community
is one where developers and user have been able to talk and work together,
and that has been one of the keys to making things work.

Both MJR and Ed have good points, which we should all try to remember.  We
don't need to get into a running battle here though.

LC is an important feature for Koha, and one that we'll be working on for
2.2.

Developers working on Koha need to make a living -- the more money they
get for working on Koha, the more work they *can* do on Koha.

Unless someone wants to either pitch in and help pay for LC (or some other
feature they'd like), or contribute to getting the work done through some
other means (see my previous email), why don't we get back to the business
of making Koha (the community and the software) really shine.

thanks,
-pate

Pat Eyler
Kaitiaki/manager               migrant Linux sys admin
the Koha project               ruby, shell, and perl geek
http://www.koha.org            http://pate.eylerfamily.org