[Koha] Z39.50 search tool

Silvia Hernandez M. silvia at inaoep.mx
Wed Nov 27 19:59:10 NZDT 2002

Hi,

I hope you can help me, I have installed koha 1.2.2 from the installer.pl
included with the software.

Then, I started with the test-drive
sited in the page
http://opac.mysite:8080/cgi-bin/koha/acqui.simple/addbooks.pl

I entered a ISBN number and  then when I followed the link Z39.50 search tool,
and I was taken to the page

http://opac.mysite:8080/cgi-bin/koha/acqui.simple/marcimport.pl?z3950queue=1&menu=z39
50&test=testvalue&rand=45846498.4121782&query=9688809055&type=isbn&S-1=on&manualz3950
server=otherserver%3A210%2FDATABASE

where I got the following error:

No Z39.50 search daemon running: no file /var/log/koha/processz3950queue.pid.
There is a launcher for the Z39.50 client daemon in your intranet installation
directory under ./scripts/z3950daemon/z3950-daemon-launch.sh. This
script should be run as root, and it will start up the program running with the
privileges of your apache user. Ideally, this script should be started from a
system init directory so that is running after the machine starts up.

How can I launch the z3950-daemon? and what should I do to
make the script starts from the system init directory each time my pc starts up?

Silvia Hernandez-M.
INAOE, Mexico.