[Koha] Z39.50 search tool

Tonnesen Steve tonnesen at cmsd.bc.ca
Thu Nov 28 07:54:42 NZDT 2002

On Wed, 27 Nov 2002, Silvia Hernandez M. wrote:

> I entered a ISBN number and  then when I followed the link Z39.50 search tool,
> and I was taken to the page

[snip]

> where I got the following error:
>
> No Z39.50 search daemon running: no file /var/log/koha/processz3950queue.pid.

[snip]

> How can I launch the z3950-daemon? and what should I do to
> make the script starts from the system init directory each time my pc starts up?

The script to run is:

/usr/local/koha/intranet/scripts/z3950daemon/z3950-daemon-launch.sh

Koha doesn't currently handle init scripts, as we are distribution
agnostic at the moment.  Once we start getting some distro packages built
(ie rpm or deb) then we can start handling init scripts properly.

For now, this means that you must create your own init script to start up
this daemon, or add that command to an existing init script.  If you need
help with this, please post again.  :)

Steve.