[Koha] Re: API for circulation interfaces

Tonnesen Steve tonnesen at cmsd.bc.ca
Sat Jan 13 06:05:43 NZDT 2001

On 12 Jan 2001, Glen Stewart wrote:

> You mentioned "In tk-perl, I like displaying item information in a table format"
> and this got me worrying that you might plan to not use the web interface for
> circulation functions.  At my company's library, the web is the common
> denominator among operating systems, so if Koha tools aren't web-based, our
> librarians can't use them.
>
> Just a plea to stick with the web so we can all benefit from each other's work,
> but if your business needs drive you to another interface, it's understandable.

Currently, the circulation interface is console-based, not web-based, if
I'm not mistaken.  My work with Koha currently involves extracting the
non-interface specific code out of the current console interface code.
I'm doing this so that I can develop a tk-perl interface (which scratches
my particular itch), but it could also be used to develop a web
circulation interface, or a java circulation interface (also run through a
web client).

Steve