[Koha] Fixes for NewBiblio and Acquire

Glen Stewart glen_stewart at associate.com
Sat Jan 13 04:05:22 NZDT 2001

Hi all,

I'm sending Chris new versions of newbiblio.pl and acquire.pl that may benefit
many of you.  I suspect he'll put them in the usual place for download.  They
are pul-n-play with the existing 1.07 release.  Here are the reasons/benefits:

1. When creating a new book order (newbiblio.pl), the Format link provides a
fixed Javascript list that doesn't draw from the ItemTypes and descriptions in
the database.  This will be a problem for most adopters of Koha outside it's
home site.  I've added a routine to extract this info from the database and let
the librarian quickly choose it from a pull-down menu.

2. Also in newbiblio.pl, the entry form asks for the Item Barcode.  However,
this info never gets put in the database!  It's not assigned until the item is
actually received.  In case someone wants to know what the barcode for the new
item MIGHT be, I've added code to list the next available barcode number in this
field.  Hey, if you're gonna waste your typing, you might as well have the
computer waste it for ya (-;

3. In the Acquire form (when receiving an ordered item), acquire.pl had the
same problem with the fixed Format link.  Like #1 above, this is now listed
from the database, but the Format selected when the order was placed is
SELECTED as the default.

4. Item barcode is filled in automatically in the Acquire (check-in) form, and
code supports entry into the database this time!  <grin>  The barcode number
presented is the largest barcode number in the "items" table, +1.  This assumes
everyone is using all numeric barcodes (we do - do you?).

Hope this meets the needs of most folks.

Glen