[Koha] re-create intranet user account

Michael Kuhn mik at adminkuhn.ch
Tue Sep 10 06:09:04 NZST 2024

Hi Eric

You wrote:

 > I have a few questions, and the first one is, "How can re-create an
 > intranet user account?"
 >
 > A few days ago I zealously deleted almost everything in my
 > implementation's MySQL database. In doing so, I not only deleted all
 > of my bibliographic and authority records, but I also deleted my cool
 > home screen messages. Just as importantly, I am no longer able to log
 > into the Koha intranet at <instance>.org:8080  I believe my account
 > and the account named koha_catalog were deleted in the process.
 >
 > How can I recreate a backend user without having access to the...
 > backend?

To me this sounds like you better might restore your database from the
backup that you hopefully made before changing/deleting things...

However if you really just need to create new users, these scripts might
help you (here xxx is your instance name):

$ sudo koha-shell -c '/usr/share/koha/bin/admin/set_password.pl --help' xxx

$ sudo koha-shell -c '/usr/share/koha/bin/devel/create_superlibrarian.pl
--help' xxx

Hope this helps.

Best wishes: Michael