[Koha] mport Staged MARC Records Failing/Stalling in Koha 23.11

Evan Stewart evanstewart406 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 6 01:09:06 NZST 2024

Hello,

(I've tried sending this email twice but it is not getting onto the mailing
list. Trying a third time).

I did this process on an older version of Koha (22.05), but it's not
working for me on version 23.11.06 (maybe I forgot steps along the way?).

I'm wanting to export records from one instance (on server A) and import
them into another instance (on server B). My team does this because we
catalog books at a home library in the USA and then ship books to libraries
at our partner schools in Africa. Each library on the home instance is
created under a unique branch. They have their own server running Koha just
for their local library.

Steps I've done:

   1. Export the records from instance on server A (instance A).
   2. Use MarcEdit to replace the old 952$a and 952$b fields to the branch
   code used in the new instance on server B (instance B)
   3. Log into instance B and go to More > Cataloging > Stage records for
   import
   4. Complete the options and click Stage for Import
   5. The info message appears "the job has been enqueued!) but with 0%
   progress

   6. Job appears to fail, but no message about why. Tthe job list shows
   the job as "progress 0/0".

*Koha info:*
Koha version: 23.11.06.000
OS version: Linux raspberry 5.10.0-15-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 5.10.120-1
(2022-06-09) x86_64
Perl interpreter: /usr/bin/perl
Perl version: 5.032001

This process was tested and works on an earlier version of Koha 22.05. I'm
trying to discover why it stalls on version 23.