[Koha] Batch record modification

Caroline Cyr La Rose caroline.cyr-la-rose at inlibro.com
Wed Jun 19 00:44:39 NZST 2024

Hello Igor,

As far as I know as well, Koha's batch modification doesn't allow
changes to control fields. I usually use MarcEdit to do this kind of change.

- Export records to be modified
(https://koha-community.org/manual/latest/en/html/cataloging.html#exporting-data)

- Make the change in MarcEdit (here's an article I wrote on how to
change 008/15-17, it's in French, but I'm sure Google Translate or
another translation tool can translate it for you:
https://inlibro.com/knowledge-base/modification-en-lot-des-zones-de-controle-avec-marcedit-1-lieu-de-publication-008-15-17/)

- Reimport the modified records into Koha, matching on the biblionumber
(999$c in MARC21 or I think 001? in UNIMARC?) and specify to replace the
existing record with the incoming record when there is a match
(https://koha-community.org/manual/latest/en/html/cataloging.html#importing-records)

Regards,

Caroline